- Rinse the product under tap to loosen any excess dirt if required
- Optional: Apply stain removal gel along the length of the product (this will increase collar vibrancy)
- Throw it in the washing machine on a 30 degree cycle (In with a couple of towels or pillow case to prevent it clattering around the drum).
- Dry on a radiator to ensure the product dries quickly and does not allow rust to form.
AFTER A BEACH TRIP/WET WALK
We all know how our furry friends like to dive through the waves and take half the beach home with them. We use Nickel plated metal fittings on our products which are more resistant than most to water however they are not 100% resistant and we suggest the below in order to minimise the chance of rust.
- Rinse the product under the tap to loosen excess salt/sand. Make sure you get under all the metal fittings or rust may occur.
- Use a towel to soak up as much excess water as possible, loosen the size of the product in order to dry around where the tri-glide would regularly sit. (Tip: Using a hair dryer around the metal fittings is a quick and effective way to dry the product).
- Dry on a radiator to ensure the product continues to dry quickly and does not allow rust to form. (Do not use tumble dryer unless only for a short period of time and monitored periodically as the fabric is likely to felt under such intense heat for considerable periods of time).
Rust forming is an issue that can happen, and sadly we can never guarantee this won't occur as it is a wet metal item on a soft fabric, however the above tips really do greatly minimise the chances, and any minor stains do fade over time.
DRIED ON MUD
- Shake/brush off excess mud
- Optional: Apply stain removal gel along the length of the product. This will increase collar vibrancy
- Throw it in the washing machine on a normal 30 degree cycle. In with a couple of towels or pillow case (to prevent it clattering around the drum)
- Dry on radiator to ensure it dries quickly and does not allow rust to form. Drying the products with a towel (particularly around and under metal fittings) will help to ensure the best finish.